Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Worthy Adversary (aka Optimism Is For Stupid Idiots)

Look what day it is! It's our first Weekly Receipt Roundup for Recession Challenge 09!
Well, well, well. It looks like ol' Ryan chose to become a shut in for the past 5 days, merely blowing his wad (so to speak) at a Seahawks game. Well, everybody reading (or at least all 4 of you) I refuse to become a shut-in! REFUSE. I also am addicted to caffeine, so I should probably ditch this habit, post-haste, if I am to win this thing.

Here's my receipt roundup:
Sushi Lunch: $5.95
Starbucks: $2.70
Sushi Lunch: $6.82
Sushi Lunch: $7.12
Protein Shake @ Surf City Squeeze: $4.70
Corepower Yoga (drop in class + water): $9.84
Starbucks: $2.88
Starbucks: $3.33
Starbucks: $3.10

TOTAL: $46.44

Alright so ShutIn Ryan beat me. THIS WEEK. Now starts a whole new week where clearly I'm going to have to really dig deep and forgo my awesome lattes and my sweet sweet spicy tuna rolls. Rolled every so lovingly by strong Japanese man hands, with the perfect amount of cucumb---ok you know what? I CAN DO THIS.

Opinion Roundup of the Week: "Poised to grow." Seriously, is that supposed to be encouraging? Your beard is poised to grow, Bernanke. You're rich. You'll be fine. The rest of us? Tallying receipts.

No comments:

Post a Comment