Sunday, September 13, 2009

Moment of Truth: Week 2 (aka I Hope Ryan Had To Bail Someone Out of Jail This Week)

Sooooo here we are at the end of Week 2! Wow, time flies when you're buying scratch tickets, renting textbooks, shoplifting and generally trying to survive in this Mad Maxian hellscape. (note to self: queue up "Mad Max" from Netflix. Classic.)

Recent reports have people investing again in art and stocks. However, the new census tells us something a little different, you snake oil salesmen. It tells us we won't be buying many stocks or art or anything else from "Bernd," because one in five kids under 18 live in poverty, and our median household national income has fallen to barely over $50k. That's not enough to buy Warhol's left nut, the one WITHOUT diamonds in it. We're all counting things we can't afford.

Which brings me to my Week 2 Receipt Roundup. Ryan said in a previous post that I would be offering excuses every week, and welp...he's right. The ol' chap was right. I'd like to preface this by saying my mother-in-law AND friend from Austin were in town this past week. I can't very well say "Hey I'm in this month long challenge with a friend(??) and I'm trying to wheedle my way out of paying for anything extra, so can you pay for me this week?" Hm. That sounded good actually.

Sushi lunch: $18.02 (it was Friday, I was feelin' peppy?)
Starbucks: $2.88
Gas: $20.00
Panini Cafe: $10.95
Coco's Cafe: $8.99
Aeropostle: $22.31 (Collegiate Blazer)
Whole Foods: $1.98 (2 bottled water)
Whole Foods: $32.00 (beachside picnic)

Total: $117.13

Ryan said if I want to win this thing I'm going to have to cut out coffee and sushi for the last 2 weeks to even have a chance. Interesting: I almost tripled what I spent in Week One. When I'm poor, dragging around my wordly items in my ripped paper bag, be assured I will be wearing my new blazer.

The Perils Of Shopping For A Good Deal:

No comments:

Post a Comment