Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Will work for toiletry items...

I'm pretty sure it took us both about three weeks to get warmed up and full on into recession spending. Apparently three weeks is all it takes to learn a new talent (recession spending) when you are a lazy ass who only works 20 hours a week (me), or a drain on society that works 0 hours a week (guess who!). My adversary and I had some time to chat this week and are both worried these spending habits may continue into the next month, and for months to come. You may not see why this is a bad thing; however I have prepared a couple of examples to help out:

What I wanted to buy this week: Pureology shampoo and Conditioner: $42.95
What I should have bought instead: Pert Plus: $3.99
What I did buy: Nothing, resulting in serious hair grease, and an interesting smell

What I wanted to buy this week: Clinique 3 step kit: $50.50
What I should have bought instead: Lever 2000 bar(s) $.99
What I did buy: Nothing, resulting in scientifically unexplained smell, and overall oiliness

What I wanted to buy this week: New CBR1000RR: $11,999.00
What I should have bought instead: Used CBR1000RR: : Approx $6000-10,000
What I did buy: Gas: $5.00

Oh the things we have to sacrifice! Woe is me. You can see the downside to these spending habits, which is naturally causing us both worry. Don't cry for us masses, I have an expensive haircut booked for Oct. 2nd, and Lindsey is probably going to put an offer on France (yes the country) on the 1st. We appreciate your concern; but we will make it back to the top from the dregs of society where we've been spending this last month.

Before I post my tally for the week, I'd like to give a shoutout to all the homeless people who offered me money, food, deodorant, advice, and a place to stay this week: Thanks Sam, Joe, Richard, Marie, and Dawn (names changed to protect the identities). Who says convicted level 3 sexual offenders can't be a benefit to society/me? Can't wait to try out the tricks I learned with rat meat, duct tape, empty Jack bottles, and pee stained cardboard this week!

Mah numbers this week:

Cover charge at DTK bar for NONP show: $5.00, also cost me part of my soul, I hate DTK.
Parking at Marymoor Park: $1.00
Gas: $5.00

Total: $11.00

Ah, this week I painted my Sistine Chapel ceiling of cheapness, I'm proud. Don't worry friends, just one more week and I'll be back to normal antisocial, people/self hating, money spending Ryan.

Money saving tip of the week :What are you doing?! Are you washing your jeans?! Underwear needs to be washed, socks need to be washed, sweaters need to be washed (debatable), jeans have an infinite life without washing. Save money, save water, save your conscience, don't wash your jeans (except in cases of severe mudbutt). Glad I could bring this blog down a notch with my musings.

2 comments:

  1. I probably should have put an asterisk by "DTK" for our international readers; it stands for "Downtown Kirkland", going there is worse than getting sent to Pakistan on a peacekeeping mission for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how flies follow Pig Pen around because he is a dirty unkempt little kid? It really happens. It is happening to me right now.

    ReplyDelete