Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Our Attempts to Be Better (Than You)

To celebrate the anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall Lindsey and I have come up with another intense challenge. I feel I have to mention the fall because it was not mentioned by any other source on the interweb. Go ahead, check Google, check Yahoo news, and really go to town and check Fox or CNN. History really isn't important though, it's just the window to our future right?

Phew, that was a high pedestal to be on; out of breath from the thin air up there. Our symbolic choice for this new competition had to be mentioned though, and should not be lost on you, the reader. In the same vein as bettering the world is where we find our next challenge: Bettering ourselves--which is, in Lindsey's mind, the world. I know what you're thinking right now: "How is bettering yourself in the minute ways I'm sure you guys have come up with in your peanut sized brains even comparable to a historic event like the fall of the wall?". Well, the world (America) is changed by small means, people, and events; and I assure you, we are VERY small people doing VERY small things.

Linz and I will have separate tasks, but a way to score each that will (hopefully) be equivalent in difficulty to the respective person. Our challenge will go for 10 days, and will in the end serve to make us better people (than you). My challenge is to be nice. If you know me at all, or have read any single post in this blog, you know that this is quite a step for me(and just think, I really like Lindsey). I don't know when I became a mean person; however, I do know that if I was acquainted with an exact replica of me I would never be friends with that guy. As simply "being nice" was too vague for an actual challenge, I went ahead and quantified the "nice" goals I have to meet:

-I will say three nice things per day to people I encounter.

-These nice things will not be trite, dishonest, or backhanded (dammit). This will be the toughest part: Full on honest and nice things.

-I can not say three nice things to myself (about myself) while standing in front of the mirror for 45 minutes after the morning ritual--it's part of my morning routine, what?

-I can not say anything mean, either to, or about anyone. Should I happen to say something mean, I have to say three more nice things throughout the course of that day.

-This encompasses all forms of communication, written, spoken, typed, or pantomimed.

-I will try to make small daily posts recounting my new improved self, or reactions from others should there be any.

-I will most likely have to take out my accrued hatred of people throughout the day on imaginary people, this is acceptable.

Both of us have some serious will power, and you've seen how much Linz hates to lose (think Mike Tyson with ear in mouth); I think this will be a good competition. Of course if it does end in a tie, the tie will go to the reigning champ just like in Rocky 1. Regardless of the winner, this should be entertaining for all--not me as I will suffer from massive cognitive dissonance throughout the challenge.

Sit back and watch my transformation from this:



To this:



I really appreciate all your support and reading of the blog! *shudder*

1 comment:

  1. I like your hair when it's down like that, you look to severe when you pull it up in a bun.
    Also, I think I speak for everyone when I say: this should be rich.

    ReplyDelete